Thermal and Moisture Protection
***Note: Additional information on Thermal and Moisture Protection can be found in the DFD Standard Specification. See Section 07 (Minimum Design Guidelines for Roofing and Waterproofing Systems) for more information.
07 05 00. Common Work Results for Thermal and Moisture Protection
07 05 00. General Requirements for Thermal and Moisture Protection
Permanently installed roof access ladders shall be provided on every level of roofing.
07 10 00. Dampproofing and Waterproofing
All rooftop duct work shall be insulated and well-waterproofed.
07 10 90. Waterproofing and Insulation for Utilities
This is a DFD Standard Specification although it may not be available on their website. Use this specification section for all applicable utility work. It can be obtained from DFD or UW Facilities Planning & Management.
07 50 00. Membrane Roofing
07 50 00. General Requirements for Membrane Roofing
- The top of the roof drain shall be at the level of the roof membrane and not the level of the ballast so water can get into the drain.
- For vegetated roof requirements see DFD Standard Specification. Use this specification section for all applicable vegetated roof work. It can be obtained from DFD or UW Facilities Planning & Management.
07 51 00. Built-Up Bituminous Roofing
- The campus has a strong preference for modified built-up roof systems. Membrane roofs are not desired but can be discussed for special instances.
- Pavers shall be utilized to access all rooftop equipment.
- All rooftop equipment shall be set on a curb, pad or stand.
- Sleepers are not permitted.
07 59 00. Traffic Membrane
All parking ramp driving or parking surfaces above grade and of poured-in-place type construction shall have a traffic membrane applied to the top surface to protect the structure underneath. The membrane shall be thicker at the corners and driving lanes than in the parking stalls.