This project seeks to provide advanced planning for the redevelopment of Library Mall, the public open space between Memorial Library and the Wisconsin Historical Society, on the UW-Madison campus.
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive vision for the redevelopment of Library Mall.
- Engage a broad cross section of the community in an equity-based approach.
- Integrate the public civic space into the overall East Campus Mall/State Street context.
- Prioritize sustainability to meet campus goals and resiliency planning efforts.
- Create a flexible vision allowing a variety of programming opportunities.
- Support and foster awareness of the Association of American Colleges & Universities Principles of Excellence as adopted by UW-Madison through the physical development.
The project intent is to follow the recommendations of the 2015 Campus Master Plan-Landscape Master Plan which indicates a large and open public gathering space with new paving, landscape plantings, seating, lighting, stormwater management, and passive recreation lawn areas. The study will define project goals based on stakeholder input, provide conceptual alternatives, prepare cost estimates and an anticipated schedule for completion while providing an illustrative vision of the preferred alternative for fund raising purposes.
Workshop #1 – Virtual
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 6:30-8:00pm
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
|Total Project Costs||$105,700|
|Review with Stakeholders||07/2021|
Project Team Stakeholders
|User Reps||Gary Brown|
|UW PM||Aaron Williams|
|UW System||Maura Donnelly|
|Engagement A/E||EQT by Design|
|Cost Estimator||Middleton Construction|
|City of Madison District 8 Alder||City of Madison Engineering|
|City of Madison Homeless Services||Downtown Coordinating Committee|
|Food Carts & Vendors||Odyssey Project|
|Skateboard Community||St. Paul University Catholic Center|
|University Club||UW Asian-Pacific Islander Desi American|
|UW Associated Students of Madison||UW Chazen Museum|
|UW Department of Planning & Landscape Architecture||UW FP&M Historic & Cultural Resources|
|UW Grounds||UW Latinx Cultural Center|
|UW Memorial Library||UW Morgridge Center for Public Service|
|UW Multicultural Student Center||UW Police Department|
|UW Science Second Nature Resilience Commitment||UW Pyle Center|
|UW South Madison Partnership||UW Student Inclusion Coalition|
|UW International Student Services||UW Black Student Services|
|UW Wunk Sheek||Wisconsin Alumni Association|
|Wisconsin Historical Society||Wisconsin Union|
Have a thought or question about Library Mall for the Project Team?
Email it to: email@example.com